Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September 28th - Random Thoughts

  • Something smells terrible in the house, but my husband can't smell it.  Is it me?
  • I totally made my friend drive me home tonight; I'm a dork. 
  • I've been back at work for one day and I'm already thinking about my next day off.
  • There's algae growing in our filtered water thing.
  • There's three days left to the September Blog Challenge.
  • There's nothing to eat in the house except bread from the Wealthy Street Bakery in Grand Rapids.
  • Because Michigan is an irony-free zone, south of Wealthy Street is a bad neighborhood.
  • Thursday some water sealing people are coming over to look at the basement; I hope we can get it fixed soon.
  • Just for fun, we looked at house listings in Grand Rapids; we could buy a giant house there for $100K.  I probably couldn't find a job there though.  Also, we'd have to live in Grand Rapids. 
  • Not that there's anything wrong with that.
  • I scared our upstairs neighbor last night because he didn't hear me knock on the back door.  I had a box of treats from Wealthy Street Bakery in my hands and he happened to open the door because he was about to feed our cats.  He got so freaked out he closed the door in my face.  Even though I knew it was reflex, I was sort of insulted.
  • We've started watching season 1 of The Wire on Netflix, it's really good.
  • I saw The Funny Ha-Ha Show tonight, it was great.
  • Wendy McClure read at the Funny Ha-Ha Show, I've been reading her column in Bust magazine for years, I was all starry eyed meeting her in person.
  • My eyeballs feel weird.
  • I don't do Twitter, but I get the feeling that if I did, my tweets would be a lot like this blog post.

No comments: